Monday, April 27, 2009

Does someone have a personal vendetta against me...or pehaps I have a secret admirer?

The evidence stands as such (Megan, please read in great detail):

Since I moved to Berkeley, I have had both my camper shell (see an earlier blog) and, more recently, my bike seat stolen (I tried to ride my bike the other night sans seat...it only took me a (painful) moment to realize that a crime had been perpetrated).

Either someone out there hates me and is enjoying it every time I have to spend money that I don't have on Replacement Vehicular Accessories (RVAs).

OR (the more likely scenario): I have a secret admirer that is assembling all of the necessary parts to create a one-of-a-kind T-REX Mobile. They will most likely be presenting me with said car sometime in the next 2 weeks. At this time, they will also reveal their true identity.

I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Comptonator said...

As instructed, I read in great detail. The evidence presented is curious, to say the least. Your theory of a single perpetrator ("perp") could have some merit. I will be taking a class on crime scene investigation in a few weeks. Hopefully, at that point I can be of more help. In the meantime, I suggest you get in contact with a private investigator I frequently use, Magnum P.I. He's in the book.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a recent Funny Story involving alleged road kill. We were racing along the I-80 at about 100 mph, rushing to leave Salt Lake City having just seen the Mormon Temple, when we happened upon an emergency flashing sign that I thought said "19 Dead on I-80". Hard to read at 100 mph admittedly. I couldn't even see who was driving our car. I panicked, of course, thinking that there was a massive pile up ahead with bodies strewn amongst hundreds of GM cars (popular in the Midwest).I turned on the radio. No news. No one else on the road seemed concern but I became more and more puzzled as the miles flew by. Where were the bodies, the emergency vehicles, Tracy in her nurses cap? Then I began to notice the dead deer and occasional possum and other unfortunate wildlife. So I began to count bodies. Not remotely 19.Perhaps the sign was warning drivers not to kill them again? I'm still puzzled to this day (two days later). Perhaps it meant 19 people had died along that stretch in 2009? This experience and others have motivated me to write a AAA travel book entitled, "A Guide to the Side of the Road". Sorry about the long anonymous comment but it's been a long strange trip.
Happy Mother's Day from Mom.